Mathematics 2 ESO – Unit 10 SIMILARITY page 102 – activity 15
a) Watch the video on “Applying the Pythagorean Theorem” and answer:
- I) How can Lucy use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate the distance from home to the park along Canyon Trail?
- II) How can we use the Pythagorean Theorem combined with the coordinate grid to calculate the distance between two points?
- III) Calculate the distance between point A (6,4) and point B (3,7)
b) Watch the video on “Applications of the Pythagorean Theorem: Lesson (Basic Geometry Concepts)” and find if these triangles are acute, right or obtuse (explain why):
- I) Lengths of its sides: 30 ; 42 ; 56
- II) Lengths of its sides: 15 ; 20 ; 25
- III) Lengths of its sides: 21 ; 29 ; 32