Mathematics 2 ESO – Unit 10 SIMILARITY page 105 – activity 37
a) Watch the video on “Triangle Proportionality Theorem” and answer:
- I) How do we know that the line divides the two sides of the triangle proportionally?
- II) If we change the value “15” for a new value “40”, what would be the new value of “x”?
b) Watch the video on “Triangle Proportionality Theorem” and answer:
- I) Fill in the gap: The line that we draw must be __________ to the base.
- II) What is the proportion in the triangle of the video?
- III) If we don’t know if the lines are parallel, how can we check?
- IV) For the triangle in the video, find if the line is parallel to the base for the values: a = 8.6 ; b = 13.8 ; c = 21.2 ; d = 38.4