Mathematics 2 ESO – Unit 5 PROPORTIONALITY extra activities
Watch the video on “What is a ratio?” and answer:
- If we have six cows and 20 sheep:
- What is the ratio of cows to sheep?
- And the ratio of cows to total number of animals?
- If we have 3 oranges, 5 bananas and 6 apples:
- What is the ratio of oranges to apples?
- And the ratio of oranges to total pieces of fruit?
Watch the video on “How To Determine Which Pair of Ratios Forms a Proportion” and answer:
- How can we determine which set of ratios make a proportion?
- 3/9 and 9/27 form a proportion? Why?
- 1/8 and 8/67 form a proportion? Why?
- 7/6 and 49/42 form a proportion? W
Watch the video on “Simple Interest Formula” and answer:
- How much interest is earned in 8 years on 2000 € invested at an interest rate of 4 % per year?