Mathematics 2 ESO – Unit 7 EQUATIONS Page 73 – Activity 22
a) Watch the video and sing the song:
“The quadratic formula is negative b
plus or minus the square root
of b squared minus 4ac
all over 2a”.
b) Listen to the song and answer:
- I) What is in the denominator of the “quadratic Formula”?
- II) What is inside the square root of the “quadratic Formula”?
- III) In the example, what is the value of “b”?
- IV) How many solutions are there if the discriminant is negative?
- V) How many solutions has the equation in the example? Why?
- VI) Solve:
- x2 + 2x – 8 = 0
- 2x2 + 4x + 2 = 0
- 3x2 + 5x + 6 = 0