Mathematics 2 ESO – Unit 6 POLYNOMIALS extra activities
1 – Watch the video on “What Is the Coefficient of a Monomial?” and answer:
- a) Can number 7 be a coefficient? Why?
- b) What is the relation between the coefficient and the variable?
- c) Find the value of the monomial 4x2 for:
- I) x = 5
- II) x = -1
- III) x = 0
2 – Watch the video on “Multiplying monomials” and answer:
- a) What properties we use to solve multiplication of monomials example in the video?
- b) Why is the resulting coefficient “15”?
- c) Why is the resulting exponent “7”?
- d) Solve:
- I) (3x2)(2x)
- II) (-2n2)(-2x3)
3 – Watch the video on “The parts of polynomial expressions ” and answer:
- a) What is the third term of the polynomial in the video?
- b) Why can we call the 7 as a coefficient?
- c) What is exponent of the second term? Why?