Mathematics 3 ESO – Unit 5 POLYNOMIALS extra activities
1 – Watch the video on “How Do You Find the Degree of a Monomial?” and answer:
- a) To find the degree of a monomial, we need to take the sum of what?
- b) Why in the first monomial is the degree of the monomial the same as the exponent of variable “y”?
- c) Why is the degree of the second monomial “6”? Why do we say that the exponent of variable “Z” is “invisible”?
- d) Why is the degree of the third monomial “0”?
- e) Find the degree of these monomials:
- I) 5x4
- II) 2a4b3c
- III) 8
2 – Watch the video on “What’s a Term in a Polynomial?” and answer:
- a) What is a “term”?
- b) How many terms are there in these polynomials:
- I) 5x4
- II) 2a4b3c + 2b2c – 2ab5c + 2a3b
- III) 8 – 5x(5x4y) – 5x4 / 5x4 + 5x4
- c) In a polynomial, can one term multiply another term? Why?