Mathematics 3 ESO – Unit 6 (EQUATIONS) Page 53 – Activity 49
Click on this link to the site on “How to factor second degree polynomials (quadratic equations)” to learn how to factor second degree equations with different methods. Then answer:
- a) Fill in the gap:
We start by ordering the terms in our equation from highest to lowest power, to put the equation in ____________ format.
- b) If it is a simple polynomial and we have a lot of practice, what method could we use?
- c) With what method we identify all possible factors of the “a” and “c” terms?
- d) The “Triple Play” method is similar to what other method?
- e) When do we use the “Difference of Two Squares” as method to factor second degree polynomials?
- f) When do we use the “Quadratic Formula” as method to factor second degree polynomials?