Technology 1-2 ESO – Unit 1 WHAT IS TECHNOLOGY extra activities
4 – Watch the video on ”What is Technology?” and answer:
- a) What things do you normally consider “Technology”?
- b) Why humans create technological things?
- c) Give an example of a technology that has wires. How does it help us?
- d) Give an example of a technology that doesn’t use electricity. How does it help us?
- e) Do you think that a chair is technology? Why?
5 – Watch the video on “The Work Around: How to Use Clamps for Woodworking” and answer:
- a) What is the disadvantage of the “speed clamp”?
- b) What is a “caul”? Why do we use it?
6 – Watch the video on “How to Use a Vernier Calliper” and answer:
- a) To measure the diameter of a coin, where should we put the coin?
- b) How do we know that the first two digits of the diameter of the coin are 2.1 cm?
- c) How do we know that the following two digits of the diameter of the coin are 0.022 cm?
- d) How do we calculate that the diameter is 2.122 cm?
- e) How do we measure inner diameters?
- f) How do we measure depths?
7 – Fill the crossword with words about technology.